I have some exciting news to share: I am writing a book for ISTE, due out later this year.
I also have an awesome opportunity for members of my PLN: I want to share YOUR stories!
Each chapter of my book will feature 2-3 spotlight stories from teachers and students in grades 6-12 who are doing awesome, innovative things with digital citizenship.
- Are you and your students practicing digital citizenship skills in a digital space designed just for your classroom?
- Have you empowered students to take ownership for setting and upholding norms in their digital communities?
- Are you and your students practicing ways to respectfully disagree with people in their online communities who share different opinions than they do?
- Are your students actively contributing quality content to the web and their digital communities?
- Do lessons in your classroom help students see their role as members of a global community?
If you answered yes to ANY of these questions, or think you have an exciting story to share, I want to hear from you!
Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org and include “Digital Citizenship in Action” in your subject line. I cannot wait to set up a time to talk with you about your work.
Image Credit: Flickr user Cesar Poyatos